Kyle Samani featured On The Brink hosted by Castle Island
Editor's Note: This podcast was originally published by On The Brink. Please follow the related links to visit their content. The following description has been syndicated here for reference.
Visit this link to listen to the episode in full.
Kyle Samani, cofounder and managing partner at Multicoin, joins the show to talk his current views on Bitcoin, Ethereum, and to give an update on web3 and how Multicoin is approaching the opportunity. In this episode:
- Kyle’s current views on Ethereum, its positioning, and its prospects for filling out the roadmap
- Whether liquidity network effects for smart contract chains are insurmountable
- What it would take to reach global scale for public blockchains
- Kyle’s changing view of Bitcoin over time
- The effect of WBTC on Ethereum
- The topic that Kyle has most dramatically changed his mind on recently
- Kyle’s view of the validity of DCF valuations for DeFi tokens
- Kyle’s theory on which classes of DeFi tokens should accrue long-term value
- A retrospective on Multicoin’s EOS thesis and where they were tripped up
- Which blog post of his Kyle thinks has aged the best
- What Web3 means to Kyle
- How fast Web3 has grown relative to Kyle’s expectations in 2017
- The imminent Web3 projects that Kyle thinks could have mass market applicability
- Multicoin’s Helium thesis and the importance of LoRaWAN
- How Helium tokenomics are modeled after physical commodities
- Kyle’s expectations for web3 applications within the next 5 years
- Whether Ethereum requires web3 to succeed and vice versa
Disclosure: Unless otherwise indicated, the views expressed in this post are solely those of the author(s) in their individual capacity and are not the views of Multicoin Capital Management, LLC or its affiliates (together with its affiliates, “Multicoin”). Certain information contained herein may have been obtained from third-party sources, including from portfolio companies of funds managed by Multicoin. Multicoin believes that the information provided is reliable but has not independently verified the non-material information and makes no representations about the enduring accuracy of the information or its appropriateness for a given situation. Charts and graphs provided within are for informational purposes solely and should not be relied upon when making any investment decision. Any projections, estimates, forecasts, targets, prospects, and/or opinions expressed in this blog are subject to change without notice and may differ or be contrary to opinions expressed by others.
The content is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be relied upon as the basis for an investment decision, and is not, and should not be assumed to be, complete. The contents herein are not to be construed as legal, business, or tax advice. You should consult your own advisors for those matters. References to any securities or digital assets are for illustrative purposes only, and do not constitute an investment recommendation or offer to provide investment advisory services. Any investments or portfolio companies mentioned, referred to, or described are not representative of all investments in vehicles managed by Multicoin, and there can be no assurance that the investments will be profitable or that other investments made in the future will have similar characteristics or results. A list of investments made by funds managed by Multicoin is available here: https://multicoin.capital/portfolio/. Excluded from this list are investments that have not yet been announced (1) for strategic reasons (e.g., undisclosed positions in publicly traded digital assets) or (2) due to coordination with the development team or issuer on the timing and nature of public disclosure.
This blog does not constitute investment advice or an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to purchase any limited partner interests in any investment vehicle managed by Multicoin. An offer or solicitation of an investment in any Multicoin investment vehicle will only be made pursuant to an offering memorandum, limited partnership agreement and subscription documents, and only the information in such documents should be relied upon when making a decision to invest.
Past performance does not guarantee future results. There can be no guarantee that any Multicoin investment vehicle’s investment objectives will be achieved, and the investment results may vary substantially from year to year or even from month to month. As a result, an investor could lose all or a substantial amount of its investment. Investments or products referenced in this blog may not be suitable for you or any other party.